Sunday, July 18, 2010

Even Now

Okay Pop quiz:
When are the two times I am impatient? Grocery store AND? Driving! ding ding ding

WELL, Let me share with you, my Lovies, a story: A story of a woman who was afraid to drive.  A woman who added the digits on the speed limit sign then drove five miles BELOW that.  A woman....who was in front of me on my way to Promises this weekend. Her little choking, belching Honda farted and squirted up and down the hills, crept around corners;travelling in its fastest gear; idle. Now, I'm no speed demon { really, I'm not...heehee It's the CAR} and I was well, anxious...so I sort of passed her.  I did so with a tight lip and white knuckles but the relief, the exhilarhation was...almost sexy. But no wait, I felt shame....And
I can truly only sing it.  I have chosen of my favorite songs of all time: Barry Manilow's Even Now. ( I have provided the song at the end so that you may sing along with me.  We share so much after all, don't we?)

ahem:

Even nooooow
When there;s no one else in front.
when there's no one on the road except for me.

Even now, I think about you as I'm climbing up this hill
And I wonder what I'll do to-keep-you-froooom MEEEEE

Even now,
When I know it wasn't right
And I drive a faster speed than what you had

Even now I look back for you while in the middle of this slope
But at 20 in a 40....I can't COOOOPPPPPE

EVEN NOOOOOW
When I have come so farrrrrrr
I wonder where you arrrrrre
I wonder if your car's still burnin oiiiiiil

EEEEEEVEN NOOOOOOW
When it's-a-light I'm blowin thruuuuu
I swear I think of youuuuuu
and pray it's-a-left forrr YOUUUUUUU

EEEEE-ven noooooowwww