Thursday, July 29, 2010

I pod You touch

These past two weeks have been filled with technological breakthroughs for me. I know, it's hard for me to change;  but I did it.  My husband's bday gift was an iPhone4. His thank you was a second one for me.  So my sleek little toy arrived and I looked at it with dismay.

Does anyone remember when I got my Curve? Or my iPod?  I'll refresh your memory.  For each, I spent about five days crying and making up swear words.  I couldn't sign-in,  couldn't get my files and my music?? Well I have become an EXPERT on downloading since I've erased my playlists, purchases and library no fewer than three times. (Each incident accompanied by a litany of "Fire trucks" ) And let's not forget I had to learn that the little button at the top of my Curve was for putting it to sleep so my lipstick would stop pranking people from my purse. (My partner loved that...."All I can hear is your laugh...." Whew! I'm lucky there.)

All right back to my NEW toy.  I plugged it in and registered it.  I got to use my existing account.  This is no big deal for most, of course; but it is for me because it worked and it was easy.  THEN? Do you want to hear the cool part?  I know you do.  I set up the phone's iPod; SEPARATELY from my first one and DIDN'T erase a note. I went to the app store and got some. Yes indeed I did. Not one tear.  Not one f-bomb or even a dammit. In fact, I believe I have my lil phone intimidated. When I push and click certain buttons (to close or move apps) the icons shake and quiver and begin to warble and beg:
 "Not me!"
 "Don't shut ME out! I didn't do it..."
  " It's the Web browser!....when you're not looking...it drains your battery.."
"YEAH THE WEB BROWSER!"
"Not me! NOT MEEEEE"

heehee It makes me a powerful giant in that tiny icon world. It doesn't take much. I'm a simple woman.
I even got to show Cheech a thing or two (which when you consider his techie side, it IS a Miracle as Barry Manilow puts it) 

On top of that, my son worked to pay for his half of an iTouch so THAT came home this weekend.  GUESS just GUESS who he went to for help? With something electronic? You got it...The Fabulous Contessa. Can you see me beaming?  My teeth are dry.  So the two of us are beeping all over the house.  We compete in our games and send each other smack talk.  We trade songs and I am LOVIN this new little toy of mine.

But when my guilt kicks in, I wander downstairs and apologize to my bb. No one likes to be cast aside so carelessly.  Maybe Bunny can have it.

Really that's all I wanted to say. I love my husband's bday gift.
We'll chat soon. Have a good one!